Small Family Wedding Ideas for a Destination Wedding
"Small Family Wedding Ideas for a Destination Wedding"
small family wedding ideas Having a small wedding means you can get everyone involved in the ceremony.
Planning a wedding is no small task, especially if you are choosing to have a destination wedding. A wedding on the beautiful and secluded Captiva Island, though, is an elegant affair that can be surprisingly easy for the bride and groom to plan. Here are some small family wedding ideas to incorporate into your special day:
- Treat your guests like royalty: Having a small wedding means you have more time and money to spend on the few guests you have invited. A wedding at Sea Oats Luxury Estates means that you can rent out the entire property just for your guests. Our main house includes 7 guest bedrooms, an in-ground pool, access to a secluded beach, several luxurious sitting and living rooms, and a media room with access to Wi-Fi and Netflix. It also includes a private kitchen and a grill patio so guests don’t need to worry about leaving the property for meals.
- Cater meals to specific tastes or family favorites: A small wedding means you know your guests intimately so you can plan your wedding meal around their specific tastes. Sea Oats Luxury Estate includes a private dining room and access to professional chefs who can arrange any type of dinner imaginable, from a casual barbecue to a buffet to a formal dinner complete with dessert. You can also offer specialized meals to any guests with food allergies or dietary concerns.
- Get everyone involved: A small wedding offers the bride and groom a unique opportunity to have every guest involved in some aspect of the wedding if they choose. Have every guest read a line of prayer before dinner or allow the guests to encircle you as you say your vows. You may even find that you can fit everyone at one table during dinner instead of separating your guests from a head table.
- Plan a weekend full of activities: Destination weddings work best when everyone who attends really feels like they went on vacation. Planning your destination wedding at Sea Oats Captiva Estates means that in addition to the luxurious indoor amenities, your guests that stay on the property will enjoy the secluded beach, the use of our kayaks, access to tennis courts, and a private dock for fishing or just hanging out.
- Separate the bride and groom from the rest of the family: As fun as it is to celebrate your special day with an intimate small family wedding, it’s important for the bride and groom to have some separation and to enjoy their first few days as a married couple. Sea Oats Luxury Estates has a separate two bedroom guest house with a living room that is perfect for the bride and groom to use during their wedding weekend. You will still be close to all the action and activities that your family members are enjoying with enough separation to feel like you’ve already started your honeymoon.
We love hosting weddings and are happy to answer questions and make suggestions to simplify your wedding planning process. Contact us today to start planning your small family wedding at Sea Oats Luxury Estates.