Key to an All-Around Fun Family Reunion in Florida
"Key to an All-Around Fun Family Reunion in Florida"
Family Reunion Florida Restore balance to your family reunion with activities for everyone in a relaxed atmosphere.
In one word, the key to an all-around fun family reunion is… wait for it:
Face it, some family get-togethers can be a little too-too.
Too many people packed into too little space, too many ages/interests/abilities to juggle, and too much to do in too short a time. Sound familiar?
So, balance is the key. But how do you go about getting balance in a family reunion? What are the elements that need to be balanced?
DEALING WITH OPPOSITES
Some of the opposites you deal with in planning a family reunion are:
- Active vs. relaxed
- Younger vs. older
- Togetherness vs. privacy
- Organized activities vs. free time
- Cooking in vs. eating out
Achieving balance is, first and foremost, finding a reunion site that meets the needs of the diverse group of people who make up your family. The ideal site has a good mix of public and private spaces, kitchen space large enough to serve a crowd, and access to activities that work for young and old alike.
FINDING THE SWEET SPOT
Once you’ve located this magical place, here are a few pointers to planning a family reunion that will be talked about (in a good way!) for years and years:
- Use the reunion site to its best advantage by planning activities that can happen right there and don’t require extra travel. Some of the best memories are made when people just hang out together, and packing people into cars for long, sweaty rides is nobody’s idea of fun.
- If you have families with small children in your midst, give them extra room and privacy for over-stimulated and fussy kids. Everyone will thank you for it!
- Limit scheduled activities to one or two per day, leaving time for spontaneous play and downtime. When possible, allow people to opt-in or out of activities, depending on their energy levels and interests.
- Plan the menus and shop for meals in advance, but don’t leave the cooking to just a few. Form teams to cook meals, giving members from different families a chance to work together. Do the same for dish-washing duty. Schedule some meals out, to give everyone a break from the kitchen and allow for exploration of local cuisine.
- Divide and conquer when it comes to activities too. The young and/or gung-ho can head off for rigorous pursuits, while the young and older family members get quality time together around less strenuous activities.
SEA OATS CAPTIVA LUXURY ESTATE
The Sea Oats Luxury Estate on Captiva Island has all the elements for the balancing act that is your family reunion in Florida.
SPACE: It is the largest and most luxuriously appointed rental home on Captiva with 9 bedrooms and 9 baths; a guesthouse (perfect for a family with small kids); expansive views of Roosevelt Channel; and private access to a beach on the Gulf of Mexico.
ACTIVITIES ON THE PROPERTY: 4 acres of fun at your disposal, including: heated pool; tennis courts; a pier for fishing and sunrise watching; plenty of bird watching on site; bean bag toss; bicycles; kayaks; a media room inside; and a fire pit outside—just perfect for a s’mores party.
ACTIVITIES FARTHER AFIELD: Something to please every age and ability including: sailing; snorkeling; seashell hunting; paddle boarding; shopping at nearby Sanibel Island; golfing; a field trip to the Center for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife; just to name a few of the activities available.
FULLY-EQUIPPED CATERING KITCHEN: Eating areas inside and out, with casual and formal settings available for 30; a bar in the living room for cocktails and mocktails; and a grill by the pool. And lots of dining-out options, on Captiva or onSanibel Island.
If Sea Oats Luxury Estate is an option you would like to explore for your family reunion, destination wedding or corporate retreat, contact us today to speak with one of our planning specialists. Our staff has managed the estate for over 15 years, and we have lots of knowledge on these islands, as well as connections with service partners in the area.