If the thought of planning a family reunion gives you a headache, you aren’t alone. Trying to get a group of people to decide on a date and time to get together every year can be trying, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t important. No matter how big or small your family is, getting everyone together for a family reunion is an important way to stay connected. Here are 5 family reunion benefits to consider:
- Scheduled time together: Of course the main purpose of a family reunion is to see your family members. The thing is, often we don’t see our family for years because we’re just too busy. Scheduling a specific day and time to see each other is often the only way to ensure some quality time.
- Personal history: You always learn something new at a family reunion, no matter how old you are! Having some time just to be with your family means that inevitably you’ll wind up hearing and telling each other stories, ones that might otherwise go unsaid. Letting kids hear stories first-hand from their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other relatives is so important because they can learn things that they wouldn’t otherwise.
- Un-rushed quality time together: A family reunion means everyone has dedicated this certain amount of time to spend with each other. So take a long walk with your aunt, or read that chapter book to your niece. Relish in this uninterrupted and un-rushed time that you have to see each other.
- Vacation excuse: Planning a family reunion as a vacation is the perfect excuse for everyone to get away from their everyday lives and enjoy another part of the country or world. It also gives you a chance to try something new, and nothing builds bonds like sharing new experiences with family members.
- Pass on the importance of family: Our kids learn from our habits, and whether you’re a parent, an aunt, an uncle, or a cousin to a young child, you are modeling the importance of family ties to the younger generation that attends a family reunion. Having fun with your family is the perfect way to remind kids that no matter what happens in their lives, they will always have a loving, supportive network of family members to lean on.
Sea Oats Captiva Luxury Estates is the perfect location for an intimate family reunion. To start planning yours, contact us today!